[opencms-dev] Possible bug in synchronization when deleting folders

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Thu Dec 19 06:28:25 CET 2002

Hi,

I have been using the synchronization feature which is really saving me
a lot of time.

However, I think I may have found a bug in the delete logic. I wanted to
describe it before raising a Bugzilla report to give the developers a
chance to comment.

If you delete a folder within OpenCms which has subfolders, this is what
appears to happen upon synchronizing:

  1. The first subfolder is deleted
  2. Then, instead of deleting the next subfolder or file, it tries to
delete the parent folder, which is, of course, not empty, and a
CmsException is thrown.

If you persevere and keep rerunning the synchronization, one subfolder
at a time is removed until, eventually, the parent folder does get
deleted.

I have just deleted a large sub tree and ended up having to click
"synchronize", "OK" to the "really" message, and "OK" to the exception
over sixty times, but it eventually worked.

Should I raise a Bugzilla report on this?

Best wishes,
             Ivan