[opencms-dev] pictures, pictures, pictures,...

Schmidt, Kai Kai.Schmidt at bonprix.net
Thu Dec 19 17:46:44 CET 2002

Hi list,

We have still some problems/questions regarding the handling of pictures:

environment: 5beta2, Oracle, jdk 1.4.1, Tomcat 4.0.4

Just to make sure that I did not miss the topic I tell the workflow as far
as I did understand it:
A User wants to create page with a picture not yet being uploaded/published
by an project manager/administrator. He (sorry ladies!) creates a page and
klicks on the picture gallery in the wysiwyg-editor. There he selects a
gallery, klicks on "upload file", uploads a picture-file (adding title,
description..) maybe from his local machine and inserts them into his
document.
Then a project manager is asked (task or mail) to publish the page.

Now the problems:

1. It is not possible to upload *.png pictures as a USER or exactly, it is
possible but USERS can not view them in the galleries in the wysiwig-editor,
although they have been uploaded to the vfs. I added *.png as a extension
for pictures, but this didn´t change a thing.

2. When our "project mmanager" publishes directly the page (only this page)
he gets some errors like the following during the link checking:

	/default/vfs/projekte_systeme/test1/index.html
     /default/vfs/system/galleries/pics/test_pics/pic1.gif
     /default/vfs/system/galleries/pics/test_pics/pic2.gif
     /default/vfs/system/galleries/pics/test_pics/pic3.gif

and pictures are not published/exported and therefor not seen in the site.
So he also has to go to system/galleries/pics and publish the pictures.
Wouldn´t it be better to also publish all pictures connected with a page
automatically?

To be honest these are really no serious problems and I store most pictures
on an imageserver anyway  (using selfdefined rules to prevent them from
losing their source - maybe that´s the reason for my link problems?) but
nevertheless I am really looking forward to getting some feedback.

A merry christmas, especially to Alexander and all the other core
developers. You did a great jo so far!

Regards, Kai