[opencms-dev] Question about Channels

Bruno Charloup bcharloup at jouve.fr
Fri Dec 20 14:06:16 CET 2002

Hi everybody,
As I am a new user of OpenCms, I discovered many features of the
administration workplace by reading the documentation and the online
help (even if i don't understand german language).
But I found no information about the "Channels" icon.
In previous thread in the archives of mailing list there are two same
questions about meaning and usage of "channels", but no answer.

I understood that channels may define a kind of "virtual directory or
thema" to store documents belonging from different projects : is it
right ? (channel can be selected during the creation of new project - I
can't see usage of channel anywhere in the workplace)

Then, how to use channels : do I install news module ? (but I seems this
module not works with OC5) ?

Thanking you in advance,

Bruno Charloup