[opencms-dev] Denying access to OpenCms system pages

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Thu Dec 26 04:19:58 CET 2002

Hi,

I need to take away all outside access to the OpenCms system pages
including the login page.

Now that RC1 gives me static export of JSPs, I am able to statically
export my entire site, so there is no necessity to expose the system
pages to users outside my internal LAN.

I can turn off access to everybody via Tomcat, but I have not been able
to turn it back on for my internal staff.

I have tried putting a valve in server.xml of Tomcat but I am not sure
what to use as the context path and docBase. (For example, if I use a
docBase of opencms/WEB-INF/default/vfs/system, Tomcat fails to start
up.)

Do you have any idea how to do this?

Best wishes,
             Ivan