[opencms-dev] upgrade to OpenCms 5.0 RC1 from beta1

Nico Krause nico.krause at nsc.eu.com
Mon Dec 30 20:56:08 CET 2002

Yu,

here a short description:

1. I export the Virtual File System of opencsm over the export function
into a *.zip file - move or copy this file to another directory
2. I shutdown tomcat or onload the opencms appliaction
3. I move the opencms application directiory under tomcat/webapps  to an
other  (more secure) folder (maybe if something fails I have the old
version)
4. Make sure you have also a backup or dump of the old opencms version
if you need it again if something fails.
5. I copy the new opencms.war into the tomcat/webapps/ directory and
start the installation procedure of OpenCMS
6. Import the export.zip into opencms via import function.

There's normaly no need for other cleanup or configurations - which is
great in my opinion. (I copy only the .war  file)

Have a nice day,

Nico