[opencms-dev] Struts Integration

Kenneth Lewelling klewelling at curoalemanz.com
Mon Jan 13 15:45:48 CET 2003

Anil,

	Thank you for the offer to help. For the most part I will have questions
about OpenCms architecture and the best way to integrate features or resolve
problems. For example, Struts uses the web.xml file to configure itself,
such as putting the location of the struts configuration file(s). My
question is would it be a good idea to automaticly edit the web.xml file
when Struts needs to be reconfigured? The alternative would be to subclass
some Struts classes and pull the information from a different location,
however the simplest solution would be to edit the web.xml file. This comes
down to wheather editing the web.xml file is considered off limits?

Thank You for any help
Kenneth Lewelling