[opencms-dev] Struts Integration

Kenneth Lewelling klewelling at curoalemanz.com
Tue Jan 14 03:01:31 CET 2003

I would like Struts applications inside OpenCms to act like any other
resources. This mean if the workplace is exported, it should be able to be
imported again with no problems. It is my assumption (please correct me if I
am wrong) that when OpenCms does its workplace exports it doesn't include
the web.xml. If a Struts application uses the web.xml to configure itself
and is exported, then imported into another OpenCms instance then the
web.xml changes will be lost and the Struts application will be broken.

It should be relatively trivial to extend Struts so that it can get its
configuration for another file (stored in the database by OpenCms possibly)
and I have decided that is what I'll do.

Kenneth Lewelling