AW: AW: [opencms-dev] Search engine / pure Java

weHe @ FreeCreatives wehe at free-creatives.net
Tue Jan 14 15:42:26 CET 2003

> But then there's still the problem of creating the index! I wasn't able
> to export the data statically to files to create an index, because I get
> database access errors and I _cannot_ export any file which has any
> access restrictions. Maybe rewrite the export classes, but I don't like
> to access any core code of OpenCms.
>
> I already had to update my own navigation class (something about
> "LinkSubstitution.*"); but copy & and paste aren't always sufficient.
>

> Regards,
> Thomas

Thomas,
you might consider to index through a crawler from the web rather then from
your server's file system. Have a a look at LARM's pre-releases, which are
contained in jakarta'a CVS under jakarta-lucene-sandbox - this might do the
job - I haven't yet had the chance to eval it and I'd love to read about
someone's experiences.

good look/Werner.