[opencms-dev] Search engine

agrandemange at amadeus.net agrandemange at amadeus.net
Wed Jan 15 12:50:23 CET 2003

Alexander,

I'm stuck with htdig 3.16. htdig indexes all sites I provide it except
opencms, actually the same problem as Peter Hansen on July 26th:
rundig reports "redirect" when I submit an OpenCms URL and doesn't index
the site.
I tried the export URL. Same problem. I found on Google that htdig was
maybe not able to handle ports different of 80. So I put a Connector in
place between Apache and Tomcat. Same problem.
My config is made of Red Hat 7.2, the somewhat old Apache 1.3.20 included
in the distribution, Tomcat 4.1.12 and OpenCms 5 RC 1.
Any idea?

Best regards?
Alexis

From:  "Alexander Kandzior" <alex at opencms.org>@www.opencms.org  on
       10/01/2003 18:43

Please respond to opencms-dev at www.opencms.org

Sent by:    owner-opencms-dev at www.opencms.org

 To:    <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>

 cc:

 Subjec RE: [opencms-dev] Search engine
 t:

Alexis,

you can download the pre-release version of the JSP/htdig search module
here:

http://www.opencms.info/download/com.alkacon.htdig_4.zip (OpenCms
module)
http://www.opencms.info/download/com.alkacon.htdig_4_src.zip (Source
code)

To run the search engine integration you just need the module, it
contains the compiled java classes. Download the file and import it in
OpenCms using the "Module Management" feature in the "Administration"
view. You must be in the "Online" project to do this.

You must restart the OpenCms/Tomcat server after installing the module.

After installing the module you have a directory "/htdigsearch/" which
contains a demo search page and some configuration hints. You still will
need to read the ht:dig documentation on how to install ht:dig first.

This will work only with OpenCms 5.0rc1. You need to have the
"org.opencms.welcome" module installed (this is the default).

Any feedback about this module is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software