[opencms-dev] Create a new project - Confusing...

Bernard, Shawn Shawn.Bernard at turner.com
Wed Jan 22 22:23:13 CET 2003

My initial problem with the user interface and creating a project was different.  It was confusing and not user friendly at all.  Is there an upgraded user interface in the works?  Why is a Web app used in this instance when it is FAR from an optimal solution.  I understand that it is (theoretically) platform independent, but it isn't even browser independent!  Why wasn't a stand-alone app designed for the IDE to openCMS?  It seems that it would be MUCH more useful AND useable.  I am sorely disappointed in the current IDE.  Am I expected to hand this over to experienced developers and tell them that this is all they have to work with?  I think I might be laughed (or beaten) out of my department if I did that.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I view this problem as a very large blemish on this otherwise fine product.

Can I get further input from everyone on whether they feel the same way?

Thanks,

Shawn