[opencms-dev] Product evaluation -- reuse of content?

Roedel, Mark MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Sat Jan 25 19:04:48 CET 2003

We're in the process of selecting a CMS package, and looking very
closely at OpenCMS.  One concern that's come up has to do with the reuse
of content.  (i.e. wanting the same article to appear with different
navigation elements, or even in a different template altogether, for
different audiences, without having to maintain separate copies of the
article itself.)

Our web designer, who's driving this project, has gotten the impression
that OpenCMS isn't capable of handling that scenario, and I haven't been
able so far to find the documentation that would allay her concerns.

Anyone able to provide either a pointer to the right pages in the
manual, or just a "Yeah, here's how we do that" (URL's would be
especially appreciated)?  Thanks much!

---
Mark Roedel           | "The most overlooked advantage to owning a
Systems Programmer    |  computer is that if they foul up there's no
LeTourneau University |  law against whacking them around a little."
Longview, Texas  USA  |                        -- Owen Porterfield