[opencms-dev] new user - is possible to use openCMS without IE?

Enrico Donelli e.donelli at logicom.it
Fri Jan 31 11:56:35 CET 2003

Hello,
I'm interested in OpenCms, using it as a base for a project in my company.
The product seems to be very interesting, and very well developed (my
comoliments), but I was disappointed by the fact that the only client
supported in IE on a windows platform.
I work with linux as a client machine, so i'm in trouble testing it, and
also in difficulty in supporting an open source project which forces a
user to a proprietary platform (please, just my opinion, I'm not
interested in flames).
I read in the documentation that would be possible to plugin a java
applet in place of the activeX script: is there any project in this
direction?  Is there a way to help to make this possible?

Thanks a lot for you very good job!

Best regards
Enrico