[opencms-dev] What's Channel

Alex Epshteyn Alex.Epshteyn at razorfish.com
Wed Feb 5 21:03:02 CET 2003

Hi all,

I had posted a similar question some time ago with no response. I wonder
if:

1) There is any documentation about channels?
2) No one on this list is using channels?
3) guess - Channels are intended for content categorization as a general
purpose alternative (to be used with cms_module_master ??) to channel
mechanism used by News module?
4) guess- Channels are intended for defining multiple "deploy targets",
like different publications, etc.
5) Someone used channel successfully and would like to share their
experience?

I am sure I could get some info by looking closer at the source code,
but I would not like to make any assumptions that may be different from
the authors' intentions.

Thanks,
Alex