[opencms-dev] Need some Help

Rahul Reddy swesh_r at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 00:06:55 CET 2003

Hi,
    	I have a simple personal site with say 3 links on
the top Head1 / Head2 / Head3 and when u click Head1
it takes u to a page where it contains a sub
navigation items on the left side of the page
similarly to the other pages. I have these pages ready
and I want to deploy these pages as it is on to
OpenCMS and also I want to develop a template for each
Head pages (Head1 / Head2 / Head3) so that if in the
future i want to create any sub navigation items i can
simply take the template and create a page.
	If I look at the sample site on OpenCMS “webiste.zip”
there is a big manifest.xml file which defines the
folders / sub-folders / pages and their access
permissions. How can I develop this manifest files for
my site and also what are these access codes (383,
895……). I strongly feel that this OpenCMS is not easy
to learn and looks jumble with no proper documentation
sorry to say this but I really having a tough time in
figuring out this simple thing. I thought of
completing this stuff and contributing to the OpenCMS
as much as I can in development process.
	Alex please comment on this and correct me as I know
you and your company is doing lot of stuff for this.

Regards,
Swesh