AW: [opencms-dev] user rights module access

Michael Emmerich Michael.Emmerich at framfab.de
Thu Feb 6 16:47:48 CET 2003

Hello Jorg,

this is correct, you must be a member of the Admistrator group to edit or
create new CmsUsers. Its implemented this way since all CmsUsers created in
the
user adminstation will be able to log in the OpenCms workplace with their
account.

The only kind of user that can be created by others than the adminstrator
group are the WebUsers, which will be used if you want to build a site
with user logins or personalization on the frontend. WebUsers cannot log in
the OpenCms workplace and are not shown in the user adminstration, you
will have to write your own backoffice module for them.

Regards,
Michael Emmerich

OpenCms Professional Services
Framfab Deutschland AG