[opencms-dev] Publishing question

Sriram Anand sanand at netnumina.com
Thu Feb 6 18:01:26 CET 2003

Hi All,
I am a little confused by the folder structure in openCMS. I am working with
the offline project that is there by default because I am not getting a
"New" button in any other project that I attempt to create. It is always
disabled.

This project has an "index.jsp" by default that has the standard content
provided ("Congratulations! If you're seeing this web page via a
browser....."). I added a new page and got the correct navigation link
displayed in "index.jsp". However, when I click on the link to display my
new page, I do not get my new page, but get an error that says that my page,
e.g. "hello.html" is for internal use only. When I mouse over the link, it
shows the URL for my new page as
"http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/hello.html" and this page always
gives me the error in openCMS.
However, I noticed in my Tomcat 4.1.18 folders that my file has been placed
under openCMS\export. So if I fire up
"http://localhost:8080/openCMS/export/hello.html" the page comes up fine..
I am very confused by how my files are placed under folders and how those
folders map to Tomcats webapps directory.
Also,what exactly is represented by the folders under "Root" in the left
hand pane of openCMS? I see "release", "system" and that is it.
Thanks a lot in advance.