[opencms-dev] Error on OpenCMS 5.0rc2 Setup - encoding JavaVM is different from OpenCMS

Peter Burri p.burri at bluewin.ch
Fri Feb 7 10:44:18 CET 2003

Hi there,
after I have added the parameter "-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1" to the
properties of the Tomcat-Startup Icon (on a W2K system ) everything works
fine ( Thanks to Dimitri!).

Because on my W2K-System Tomcat will be started via NT-Service, I
reinstalled the Service with respect to add the file.encoding argument:
 tomcat.exe -install Apache-Catalina %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path="%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.j
ar" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 -server
-Xms128m -Xmx512m -Xrs -start org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService
-params start -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params
stop -out "%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stdout.log" -err
"%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log"

Regards
Peter