[opencms-dev] OpenCms used as pure CMS?

mfoley5 at csc.com.au mfoley5 at csc.com.au
Mon Feb 10 05:13:51 CET 2003

Thanks, Paul,

Not really - we are already using OpenCms and like its template system and
delivery functions, but a request has come in to provide a smarter
"research tool" over a section of the content.  Our initial response was to
store the "special" content in a database and provide JSP-fronted query and
report tools, but then the question came down the line why not use the
OpenCms repository and the OpenCms presentation features, etc.

We had a go with certain success, but the JSPs were clunky and not
particularly efficient nor robust, so now I'm trying to refine our use of
OpenCms to make the separation between what is our site "wrapper" and what
is our research application.  In our mind the difference isn't between
webDAV and OpenCms but rather between OpenCms and custom Oracle tables.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Foley
CSC
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon, ACT 2612
Ph: +61-2-62468487    Email: mfoley5 at csc.com.au

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

                      "Paul Adams"
                      <paul.adams at satsumas.c        To:       <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>
                      om>                           cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  RE: [opencms-dev] OpenCms used as pure CMS?
                      owner-opencms-dev at www.
                      opencms.org

                      10/02/2003 03:00 PM
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

Are you looking for a low level content/document management system? Would
webDAV be more appropriate?

Have a look at: http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/index.html

Regards
Paul Adams