[opencms-dev] embargo/expiry of content

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 12:54:20 CET 2003

Hi Alex,

Please find a zip file attached. This works if you do the following
(requires Opencms 5 RC1):

1) Create a module com.opencms.modules.expirydate.

2) Upload classes ExpiryDate (a class to control the response object) and
NavTemplateExtension (a class to control the CmsNav methods). Upload also
class R2CmsNewResourcePageRC1 (replaces CMSNewResourcePage class) in
com.modules.expirydate.workplace directory.

3) Replace /worplace/action/explorer_files_new_page.html with the file from
the zip.

4) Add entries from \workplace\locales\en\core_en_mods to
/workplace/locales/en/core_en.

5) Replace /worplace/template/explorer_files_new_page with the file from the
zip.

6) Include method com.opencms.modules.expirydate.ExpiryDate.checkExpiryDate
in your content template.

What the module does, it returns http error 404, if the content is not valid
(plus hides it from the navigation). Start date and expiry date are handled
as content parameters (named as start_date and expiry_date).

Regards,

Olli