[opencms-dev] NewsModule broken

Florian Kamke knf at guso.de
Tue Feb 18 11:55:13 CET 2003

Hi Ulrich,

the Problem that the text and tableheaders are looking funny, is that the
localisation files are not found. I think with the introduction of OpenCms 5
rc2 the system now uses java.util.ResourceBundles instad of the proprietray
XML based localization mechanism. There is an option in the
opencms.properties (compatibility.support.oldlocales=true) to set a
compatibility mode, but this did not work for me. I did not try very hard
though :). I merged the News Module localisation files with the core
localisation files (workplace.properties, etc.) wich are located in the
opencms.jar in the lib directory. I think it should also be possible to put
your own files in the system/locales folder, but I had not the time to
figure it out.
Hope this helps

Best Regards
Florian