AW: [opencms-dev] Importing an existing website

Schmidt, Kai Kai.Schmidt at bonprix.net
Wed Feb 19 18:18:27 CET 2003

Hi Ced,

Yes! try to make a zip out of it, then upload the file (new => upload file)
and in the second step check "unzip file"
The only problem will be (at least in former versions than RC2, I don´t know
if it´s still a problem) that you have to change the filetype-assignment
first (Administration view => resource type management). There you will have
to set .html and .htm to pagetype (and e.g. .png to picture) otherwise you
will not be able to edit the content later on.
If you encounter any problems please post again.

Regards, Kai

P.S. Maybe helpful in this context: Also have a look at
Synchronisation-feature, it might be useful if you work with external
editor.