[opencms-dev] Database connection pooling

Evans, Michael EvansM at visa.com
Thu Feb 20 17:10:41 CET 2003

Vadim,

1.  Not all app servers provide connection pooling.  Also the where class
names vary between implementations OpenCMS would then start to become
product specific.

2.  The structure of the SQL commands varies between different RDBMSes...

3.  Probably required for the whole content management, templates etc stuff
to work.  WAP - create a template that produce WML instead of HTML.

4.  Scaleability of end users visiting sites is excellent (with options to
static export content for greater scaleability), scaleability of interactive
users modifying content is moderate.

Regards,

Mike