[opencms-dev] Flex and Servlet API 2.2

Publius Ismanescu publiusi at wwdb.org
Mon Feb 24 19:31:06 CET 2003

Hi Alexander Kandzior

I would appreciate if you can help me out with this.
I know flex is using Servlet 2.3. but I have to make it work with
servlet 2.2.
My plan is to change the Flex classes to use the servlet 2.2 API's
If you remember the problems you had when you were writing flex I would
appreciate if you can mention some of the major ones.
So far , what I did , was to change the CmsFlexRequest and
CmsFlexResponse to implement the interfaces rather than the wrapper
class from Servlet 2.3. an some other changes

I am getting a cast exception when I call the index.jsp.

Can you please make some comments on this , are there some problems with
using servlet 2.2 so you decided to implement using the servlet 2.3 or
it is posible to do it even with servlet 2.2 but maybe more diffficult
that the way you did it (with Servlet 2.3)

Thank you
Publius Ismanescu

javax.servlet.ServletException: Resource loader error in file '/index.jsp'

Root cause:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.opencms.flex.cache.CmsFlexRequest
    at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.doInclude(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:300)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:189)
    at
com.opencms.flex.cache.CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.include(CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.java:131)
    at
com.opencms.flex.cache.CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.include(CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.java:169)
    at com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader.service(CmsJspLoader.java:946)
    at
com.opencms.flex.cache.CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.include(CmsFlexRequestDispatcher.java:257)
    at com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader.load(CmsJspLoader.java:554)
    at com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader.initlaunch(CmsJspLoader.java:226)
    at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.showResource(OpenCms.java:840)
    at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.doGet(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:282)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)
    at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:917)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

--------------- End of root cause.

    at com.opencms.flex.CmsJspLoader.service(CmsJspLoader.java:956)