[opencms-dev] Strange navigation behaviour in 5.0 rc2

Ulrich RĂ¼th ulrich.rueth at gmx.de
Tue Feb 25 23:52:41 CET 2003

Hi!
After an upgrade from 4.6.1 to 5.0 rc2, the navigation in my website (which
was working perfectly before) is somehow strange. I use the standard method

<method name="getNavFold">2</method>

with the "2" indicating that the base directory for my navigation should be
the second level.

My directory structure is the following (snippet, the "dir" indicates a new
directory, the "file" a file):

dir: privat				<-- set as base directory
	file: index.html		<-- included in navigation: "Home"
	file: kontakt.html		<-- included in navigation: "Kontakt"
	dir: foto				<-- included in navigation: "Foto"
		file: index.html	<-- NOT included
	dir: hochzeit			<-- included in navigation: "Hochzeit"
		file: index.html	<-- NOT included
	dir: urlaub			<-- included in navigation: "Urlaub"
		file: index.html	<-- NOT included

The navigation should thus on all pages look like this (and did up to now):

Kontakt
Foto
Hochzeit
Urlaub

For all files and directories, resp. on all index pages of the directories,
the navigation is displayed correctly, EXCEPT on the "Home" page, i.e. the
index page of the defined root directory. There, instead, the navigation
looks like this:

Welcome to OpenCms
Release Notes

Those two entries disappear if I remove the navigation properties from the
OpenCms release notes directory and the index.jsp, which both are included by
default in the installation. Then the navigation of the "Home" page is empty.

I think that this behaviour is very strange, as I have defined the navigation
to start at the second level, not at the OpenCms root directory. Why is then
on my "Home" page the navigation of this root directory displayed (and not on
all the other pages)???

Thank you for your help!
Regards,
Ulrich