[opencms-dev] synchronize problem encoding="ISO-8859-1"

holchr at nith.no holchr at nith.no
Wed Feb 26 14:51:05 CET 2003

Hello,

I'm a student working on an opencms project in Norway. I'm encounting problems
with the synchronize mechanism. When synchronizing static xhtml files, the
character encoding seems to fail. The main problem is that the Norwegian
letters; Æ Ø Å and æ ø å are substituted with ?(question mark). Can anyone give
an explanation to this? In my xhtml files I define the following...
<?xml version ="1.0"encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Thankyou,

Christian Holden
holchr at nith.no