[opencms-dev] contact us form not working in online project

astaffo2 at csc.com.au astaffo2 at csc.com.au
Wed Feb 26 23:07:45 CET 2003

Thank you Petr and Irene for your comments.

I have tried both these methods of setting the non-caching of this
element.

Currently I've implemented the return new CmsCacheDirectives(false); way
of doing it as I feel it covers all my bases in a generic way.

Petr, I am sure my element was picking up the method from the
CmsXmlTemplateX class as it was extending this class and my System out
actually demostrated that the element was executing the new
CmsCacheDirectives call.

I have however taken the getCacheDirectives out of the CmsXmlTemplateX and
placed it into the element class to give that a go, but still nothing is
working.

BTW the opencms.properties element.cache obviously still doesn't work in
v5, so I'll leave it as true.

Everything I read tells me I've done the right thing, but obviously
something is missing.  I've noticed that in the offline version of, a
refresh of my form when it is partially filled out will result in the form
being redisplayed empty.  Online though redisplays the form with the
fields still populated.  This convinces me that this is a really heavy
form of caching.

I'm wondering if anyone has got this working in v5RC2?

Can we get an official response from the OCMS team on this?  Has anything
changed regarding the imlementation of cache in this version?

After all my testing various combinations and permutations of these
things, I'm down to simply overiding the getCacheDirectives method in my
element class as such:

    public CmsCacheDirectives getCacheDirectives(CmsObject cms,
        String templateFile, String elementName, Hashtable parameters,
        String templateSelector) {
        return new CmsCacheDirectives(false);
    }

Thank you for your responses so far, it has been appreciated,

Regards,
Aaron

"Petr Hollay" <ph at ethikom.de>
Sent by: owner-opencms-dev at www.opencms.org