AW: [opencms-dev] Scheduled task

Andreas Zahner A.Zahner at alkacon.com
Tue Mar 4 13:26:49 CET 2003

Samuel,

you can use "Scheduled tasks" to run special tasks in OpenCms, e.g. send
a Newsletter every month, check something every 30 minutes etc.

In the OpenCms backoffice, you have to enter the following information
(separated by a space):
Minute, hour, day, month, day of week, user, group, java class,
parameter.

An example for the backoffice entry:
"6 12 * * * Admin Administrators your.package.ClassName aParam" runs
your class every day at 12.06 am as user Admin in the Administrators
group.
Further examples for adjusting the time:
"5 12 * * 0" runs your class every Monday at 12.05,
"30 11 24 12 *" runs your class every year on December, 24th at 11.30

Your Java class has to implement the class I_CmsCronJob (package
com.opencms.core) and provide a method "launch" which will be executed.

Example:
/**
 * This method is called by the scheduler.<p>
 *
 * @param CmsObject the Cms object
 * @param parameter the parameters entered in the backoffice
 * @return String String that is written to the opencms log
*/
public String launch(CmsObject cms, String parameter) throws
IOException, CmsException {
	// enter your code here!!
	return "Scheduler launched successfully!";
}

Now you should be able to create your own scheduled tasks.

Regards,

Andreas Zahner
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com