[opencms-dev] Database usage experiences?

mfoley5 at csc.com.au mfoley5 at csc.com.au
Thu Mar 6 09:35:26 CET 2003

Hi All,

I have checked our usage again - our /export directory contains 700MBytes,
not 200-300MBytes as I indicated - sorry.

Even so, even accounting for "online" and "offline" versions in the
database, this accounts for less than 2GBytes, leaving 5+GBytes to account
for.

Can anybody shed any light??

Thanks again,
Mark

Mark Foley
CSC
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon, ACT 2612
Ph: +61-2-62468487    Email: mfoley5 at csc.com.au

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

                      mfoley5 at csc.com.au
                      Sent by:                      To:       opencms-dev at opencms.com
                      owner-opencms-dev at www.        cc:
                      opencms.org                   Subject:  [opencms-dev] Database usage experiences?

                      05/03/2003 03:57 PM
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

Hi All,

We have a number of sites running on OpenCms now - but the oldest one is
starting to show some signs of age.  Although the total content is only
about 200-300MBytes (html pages, lots of PDFs, a couple of zipfiles) the
Oracle database is using about 7GBytes.  There have been very few
"revisions" of pages - mostly new files are added to the site, so we do not
think at this stage that the history mechanism is to blame.  We are
contemplating a full site export and re-import, but before we proceed, it
would be great to learn if there is a better way.

Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, did you solve it?

Thanks,