[opencms-dev] openCMS too much connections problem

Nico Krause Nico.Krause at nsc.eu.com
Fri Mar 7 15:46:10 CET 2003

Hi Petr,

What did you change in the last time - MySQL version, OpenCms version, Linux
version ... ? :-)
I changed nothing.. I discovered it right now. I hope it will not be a
nightmare for me this weekend. There are a lot of users more online since
yesterday at the server.
Maybe I will write in the meantime a little program which will kill the
connections manually if  they are too old.. also I could change the 360
Minutes value. For first instance.. to 10 minutes .. maybe this is not bad.
Are you also sure it's Minutes and not seconds? (pool.mysql.maxage=360)

Btw. are you sure it is good idea to run OpenCms 5 RC1 on production server?
I would prefer to stay with 4.6.x until OpenCms 5 Release is available and
some weeks of successful testing are done...
I'm relatively sure yes. But I would wish to upgrade to 5 RC2 - if  this
would not so much work;) (3 concurrent projects in it..)

 4.6. I cannot use because of the missing JSP functionality.

But thanks for your comment!

Nico

Petr