[opencms-dev] Problems installing OpenCms_5.0_rc_2.zip

Andras Balogh java at reea.net
Tue Mar 11 10:45:35 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gebreselassie, Gezahegn" <gebreselassie at streitz-consult.de>
To: <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 10:45
Subject: [opencms-dev] Problems installing OpenCms_5.0_rc_2.zip

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to OpenCms. I've experienced a lot of problems installing
OpenCms_5.0_rc_2.zip. It may be possible that many questions regarding about
it have arised many times. But I didn't find any thing that matches to my
question. I'm using Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.1.18, mySQL 3.23.55 , IE6 and
Java 1.4.1_01. Here is the list of errors, which I encountered during
installation.

> Best Regards
>
> Gezahegn

Hi,

Maybe you should try with Tomcat4.1.18-LE-jdk1.4.
It seems that the problem is with thr xerces XML parsing library
(incopatible version).

BW,

Andras