[opencms-dev] OpenCMS method access directly via JavaScript

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 19:17:30 CET 2003

Hi there,

the OpenCMS documentation shows how to run Java Code via a template by
inserting the JavaScript in the frame template.

Can I access a OpenCMS API method (i.e. list all the user-names) with a
direct JavaScript statement without using a template.

I would like to have a html page with a single button inside. After pressing
that button my Java code on the OpenCMS server should be called, which
perform a kind of output using the OpenCMS API and other API's.

How do you do this normally? Can somebody provide an very easy Hello World
example. For example: I press a single button (HTML webform) and a "Hello
World" text provided by a piece of server sided Java code get displayed (Java
Code is generating HTML page and this get delivered to the Browser). Something
like that.

Can I do that? Have not done much server side programming (i.e. Servlets)
and appreciate every kind of help!

Cheers
Ralf