[opencms-dev] Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:31:18 +0100

Andras Balogh java at reea.net
Thu Mar 13 11:39:15 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Parul Rajdev" <Parul_Rajdev at infosys.com>
To: <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 12:23
Subject: RE: [opencms-dev] Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:31:18 +0100

> Hi,
> I also have a problem similar to Gezahegn
>
> I'm using Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.1.18, mySQL 3.23.55 , IE6 and JDK1.3. I
made the configuration for the Tomcat - I setted the environment variables
JAVA_HOME, CATALINA_HOME and also CATALINA_OPTS. My Tomcat is working
properly. I unzipped OpenCms_5.0_rc_2.zip and copied the opencms.war file
into CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory. Then I started Tomcat as Standalone. I
located the browser to http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup and followed
instruction to install.
> The workplace is imported and the setup is complete.
> On accessing the link http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/index.jsp I am
getting the following exception report.Is there something else I've
forgotten to do. Here is the list of exceptions, which I am pasting here.
> { it says check if the database is up n running. ????}
>
> Regards,
>
> Parul Rajdev

Hi,

The error says exactly what is wrong: "Invalid encoding name "Cp1252".. "

Try to add -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 to CATALINA_OPTS  and see what
happens.

BW,

Andras.