[opencms-dev] Creating resources in VFS with Guest user

hbusch at push-interactive.de hbusch at push-interactive.de
Fri Mar 21 12:40:52 CET 2003

Hi!

I'm currently implementing a chaching-mechanism for binary objects (images,
zips, pdfs and stuff) that are held within the MySQL-Database. When the
object is requested by a visitor for the first time, it should be send to
the user from the database and at the same time the file should be created
within the OpenCMS vfs. Anonymous visitors use the "Guest"-User of OpenCMS.
I granted write privileges to owner/group/unknown on the folder I want to
store the files in and I changed owner and group to "Guest". When I call
"createResource()" from the frontend, I still get "Access denied", although
the user should have the necessary permissions by now. What am I doing
wrong?

With best regards,
Hendrik Busch

push!interactive gmbh                  | In der VillaMedia
Viehhofstrasse 125 | D 42117 Wuppertal | phone +49 (0)202 2427-353  | fax
-310
Klenzestrasse 38   | D 80469 Munich    | phone +49 (0)89  2602465-0 | fax -2
mailto:hbusch at push-interactive.de      | http://www.push-interactive.de