[opencms-dev] Access OpenCMS via API - URGENT

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 18:49:41 CET 2003

Hi,

I wonder if I could implement one or more of the following examples:

1) I would like to have a java program runnung as a Servlet in Tomcat. Can
this servler use OpenCMS via its API to insert Data into OpenCMS ?

2) I have a Java Program outside of of Tomcat and OpenCMS but on the same
machine. Can this Java program access OpenCMS somehow (API?) to do this?

3) How can I run the program, mentioned before, inside of OpenCMS. Can I
trigger this program via OpenCMS (i.e. every time a certain web page get
accessed) ?

The documentation gives me only the impression I can run some code triggered
by content templates. This is not enought for me. I would like to develop
some some comprehensive logic which uses OpenCMS. Are there better CMS
solutions for this? Thank you for any feedback!

Cheers
Ralf