[opencms-dev] Version 5.0 Folder structure

EXCELSIS - Sepand Oboudiyat sepand.oboudiyat at excelsisnet.com
Wed Mar 26 15:15:11 CET 2003

Hello,

I have installed OpenCMS RC2 and plan to go through the steps of creating a
new project and migrate and templatise an existing web site so that it is
under OpenCMS control.

I am using OpenCMS documentation OpenCMSDoc20020308.pdf and looking at the
templating section [chapter 2]which contains a basic example of how to
creating a first MasterTemplate-FrameTemplate-ContentTemplate set. However
the documentation references folders which no longer appear to be available
in version 5.0 RC2.

What happened to the /content/frametemplates/ and /content/templates/ and
/content/contenttemplates folders ?

Which folders must i place my templates in now ?

Furthermore, i noticed that it is only possible to create a Project using a
folder which is Online. Does this mean that when starting a new project one
must first create a new folder, publish it [so that it is available Online]
and then create a Project using the published folder ?

That is what i have done. Also, i created my Project folder in the root
directory. Is this correct ?

Thanks for your time in answering my queries. Much appreciated.

Mit herzlichem Gruß | Kind Regards

Sepand Oboudiyat
[Consultant]