[opencms-dev] CmsException says "Access denied!"

mmihaili at csc.com.au mmihaili at csc.com.au
Wed Mar 26 23:39:53 CET 2003

The contenttemplate is actually named owncodecontenttemplate (not
owncodetemplate).
Correct this in the owncodetemplate.

Later,
Moris Mihailidis
CSC
EBS-BSS Web Services e-Business South
58 Queensbridge St, Southbank, VIC 3006, Australia
Ph: +61-3-8695-1527    Fax:+61-3-8695-1540
Email: mmihaili at csc.com.au

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

                      ambiesense at gmx.de
                      Sent by:                       To:      opencms-dev at www.opencms.org
                      owner-opencms-dev at www.         cc:
                      opencms.org                    Subject: [opencms-dev] CmsException says "Access denied!"

                      26/03/2003 01:04 PM
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

Hi there,

I have OpenCMS 5.0 RC 1 within 4.1.18 at Windows XP. I use Internet
Explorer
6.0.

I have a lot of fun with OpenCMS these days. The last phenomen I got is as
follows:

I try to set up a example to run own Java code which is able to generate
some output inside a content template.

I use (master)template, frametemplate, contenttemplate and elementtemplate
and a Java class which overwrites the getContent method. I have enclosed
all
the templates as well as Java class and file in a zipped file to this
email. I
hope it does not produce unhappiness because of higher data traffic.

I can insert and publish all the templates. I compiled the compiled java
class in the  /Tomcat/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/classes directory (is this
correct?? or should I also import it in OpenCMS and publish it??).

Anyway, when I produce a page from this template, I get the following
exception when I publish and later the contenttemplate is missing since it
was not
published correctly. Can somebody help me?

-------------------------------------- S T A R T
Publishing resource ...
Publishing /system/bodies/bob.html
Publishing /bob.html
Static export, number of starting links is: 2
Skipping /system/bodies/bob.html
Exporting /bob.html
Exception com.opencms.core.CmsException: 31 Access denied to resource.
Detailed error: Guests has no read access to
/content/contenttemplates/owncodetemplate. .
at
com.opencms.template.cache.A_CmsElement.checkReadAccess(A_CmsElement.java:208)

at
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementXml.getContent(CmsElementXml.java:99)
at
com.opencms.template.cache.A_CmsElement.resolveVariant(A_CmsElement.java:468)

at
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate.startProcessing(CmsXmlTemplate.java:1315)

at com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate.getContent(CmsXmlTemplate.java:164)
at
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementXml.getContent(CmsElementXml.java:170)
at
com.opencms.template.cache.A_CmsElement.resolveVariant(A_CmsElement.java:468)

at
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate.startProcessing(CmsXmlTemplate.java:1315)

at com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate.getContent(CmsXmlTemplate.java:164)
at
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementXml.getContent(CmsElementXml.java:170)
at com.opencms.template.cache.CmsUri.callCanonicalRoot(CmsUri.java:185)
at
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementCache.callCanonicalRoot(CmsElementCache.java:149)

at
com.opencms.launcher.CmsXmlLauncher.generateOutput(CmsXmlLauncher.java:285)
at com.opencms.launcher.CmsXmlLauncher.launch(CmsXmlLauncher.java:341)
at com.opencms.launcher.A_CmsLauncher.initlaunch(A_CmsLauncher.java:277)
at com.opencms.file.CmsStaticExport.exportLink(CmsStaticExport.java:715)
at com.opencms.file.CmsStaticExport.<init>(CmsStaticExport.java:243)
at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.exportStaticResources(CmsResourceBroker.java:4656)

at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.exportStaticResources(CmsObject.java:1564)
at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.publishProject(CmsObject.java:2498)
at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.publishResource(CmsObject.java:2634)
at
com.opencms.workplace.CmsPublishResourceThread.run(CmsPublishResourceThread.java:64)

... static export finished
... the resource has been published

I am wondering what the problem might be. I checked all the permissions. I
am Admin when I publish and all the files have readin permission for owner,
groups and the rest of the world. I cannot think about a permission
problem....

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Cheers
Ralf

(See attached file: OwnCodeTemplateExample.zip)