[opencms-dev] Getting content of a file

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 16:44:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

you should get a byte array - thats right! But your content should be in
this array. Maybe you path is wrong? If you have stored your file in your VFS in
/Test/test.xml then your have to use this path for it.

Here an example code I have used to access an content file in OpenCMS's VFS.

CmsFile file = cmsObject.readFile("/Test/myXML.xml");
byte[] bytecontent = file.getContents();

You can use Java to transform this byte array in whatever you want. I have
used Xerces to traverse the XML structure.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Ralf