[opencms-dev] Using JDeveloper for OpenCMS develoment cycle

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Tue Apr 22 13:19:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am using JDevelopmer from Oracle to develop Java code running in OpenCMS /
Tomcat. Does anybody else use this Development Envirionment? I am looking
for a good integration in OpenCMS. At the moment I have to copy the resulting
class files at the right position in the OpenCMS folder of Tomcat, restart
Tomcat, Import the JSP files in OpenCMS and so on.

It would be nice to do this in JDeveloper somehow? JDevelopmer uses a kind
of Servlet Engine / WebServer to test sourcecode. Can this be exchanged to
trigger and use the running Tomcat installation instead to smoothen the
develoment cycle? Is there a way to do the import of the JSP file via a script
triggered by JDevelopmer?

Does somebody have already done this or can tell me how to do it. Making
this depoyment quicker would help to test quicker and more efficient and would
speed up the entire process of develoment.

Any advice or tip will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Ralf