[opencms-dev] Worplace shows no images

Alexander Langer al at al-arenal.de
Tue Apr 22 23:32:01 CEST 2003

Well, I downloaded and installed the latest tomcat version. After trying
to start I just get this in the log file, but no running process:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:558)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:355)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:409)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.<init>(Digester.java:352)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.createStartDigester(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:543)
        ... 12 more

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 14:07, Dragota Alin wrote:
> Hi
>

> What you have to do is just to put the war file in the webapps dir and
> the Tomcat opens it automatically. If not maybe it is because the
> Tomcat version. The Tomcat version 4.1.12 and next versions can
> successfully unwar files from webapps. That's all you must do. Put the
> war in webapps and then start tomcat.
>
> Then you have to install again you opencms. Then it will work
> properly.
>

> If you still have problems write back.
>

> Alin
Professor: Perhaps it's your outlook that need a good bend, a ninety
degree bend to a place where happiness is perpendicular to wonderment.