[opencms-dev] Questions

Ray Glendenning ray.glendenning at hackery.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 03:14:01 CEST 2003

Hi

I have a few questions about OpenCMS

1. Does anyone have a working implementation of XSLT templates?

2. Is it possible to seperate the content from the presentation? For example:

Say I have a site which for our example I will use an educational institution since I work in one ;-) and I need the same content to be visible in two different places in the site and using a different template.  This would allow in this case both students and staff to see a different version of the page but allow the body to be stored in one place like:

/content/course/list.html                          Shared content in the VFS
/staff/academic/course/index.html            Content rendered using the staff template
/student/course/current/list.html               Content rendered using student template

of course people who are a member of the group with access to /content should be able to update the content but the other two can't.  All they can do is remove it from their navigation and re-add it to a different place as required.  I tried doing the above by changing the control code for the second two links to point to the first links body but you could still try to edit the file and it would throw a 404.

Cheers
Ray