[opencms-dev] mysql database table: cms_users

Sunshine-Moonshine at gmx.net Sunshine-Moonshine at gmx.net
Mon Apr 28 09:59:02 CEST 2003

hi,

i've tried to make a request to the opencms-database (opencms v5.0 rc2) with
tomcat (v4.1). i would like to use the opencms user_name and user_password
(from the database table cms_users) to enter a restricted area on a
website.but the user_password is encrypted.
so i need to know:

which java-class encrypts the user_password? i found 2 classes, i think they
are possible the ones i search: CmsResourceBroker.class and
CmsDbAccess.class

can i use this classes for my request (for my restricted area)?

can i make tomcat understand, that the password (plaintext) has to be
encrypted and compared with the
opencms-database entry? if yes, how?

kind regards & thx
luna