[opencms-dev] User Authentication

Marcus Redeker mredeker at web.de
Mon Apr 28 10:21:01 CEST 2003

Thomas,

thanks for the information. But I think I cannot really use that. Basic
Authentication is fine with me and I do not need the possibility to use
a form based authentication. I would like to place a link "Login" on one
of my pages which is related to a resource that is only visible to a
group "test".

As I understand it this means that OpenCMS sees that I am user Guest
which is the default and then displays me the Basic Login-Form. But I am
not able to get that to work.

Also, after looking into "com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet" I saw
that you guys are only able to use Basic Authentication which is self
implemented in that class. Is there a way to use J2EE Servlet
Specification authorization?

Thanks,

--Marcus

(www.mvnforum.com)
> which is a really cool openSource servlet based forum software. This
> forum is able to perform authentication using the J2EE based
> authentication.

I don't know.

Best Regards,
Thomas März