[opencms-dev] OpenCms default,welocme and news modules

ashik ashik at spectrum-bd.com
Mon Apr 28 15:18:01 CEST 2003

Dear All,

Would you like to explain me what functionalities we are getting for
using default and welcome modules of OpenCms? Is it that OpenCms is
stood up on these two base modules and hence deleting them will make
trouble to run it? I deleted after installation of OpenCms, but faced no
problem seeing these modules. I have installed NewsModule4 and seeing
them in modules list as well as in the Explorer View. Now what? I have
already prepared a separate directory structure for a newspaper
management system. What this NewsModule may give me excess to a
directory structure? Besides I got a few mails in this list telling they
were facing problems installing newsmodule4. Is it that they can't see
newsmodule even after executing the .sql file in the MySQL DB? I could
not understand and hence seeking your help.

Regards,
Muhammad Ashikuzzaman
Programmer, Spectrum Engineering Consortium Ltd.