[opencms-dev] Strange error when creating folder "content"

Björn Aberti bjoern_al at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:06:01 CEST 2003

Hello again,

now, since I can create folders (thank you Kai :-) I've another problem. I
wanted to create my first templates according to the decumentation of
version 4.6. I'm currently using OpenCMS 5.0 rc2.

First my VFS:

root
...->releases
...->system

First what I did, is to create a new folder named 'projects' with a
subfolder 'NiceTry'. This is my project directory.

root
...->releases
...->system
...->projects
.......->NiceTry

Next I created the folders for the templates in the NiceTry folder. After
that I created the example template files in the corresponing folders and
tried to creat a page that uses my template, but it wasn't listed in the
pull down menu. Iv'e also tried to change the link in the mastertemplate
from /content/... to /projects/NiceTry/content/... but it didn't work, too.

So I deleted the content folder again and tried to create the folder in the
root folder. BUT then it says this folder does already exists and I'm 100%
sure there's no folder 'content' in my whole Viritual File System.

I also tried to delete the project and to restart the database (MySQL) but
it doesn't help.

It's also a bit strange that the content folder isn't in the root folder
after the installation. In the documentation are more folders then I have
and it isn't mentioned that I first have to create them.
It's also very confusing to me that I have, according to the documentation,
to create a text file if i want to create a template. There's also the
option to create a 'XML Template'-file. Mistake in the documentation?

I would be glad if somebody could help me!

Best regards

Björn