AW: [opencms-dev] Strange error when creating folder "content"

Schmidt, Kai Kai.Schmidt at bonprix.net
Wed Apr 30 14:28:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

is a problem of the manual (which actually describes 4.6).
5.0 rc2 has a different structure:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q2/004345.html

> wanted to create my first templates according to the decumentation of
> version 4.6. I'm currently using OpenCMS 5.0 rc2.
>
> First my VFS:
>
> root
> ...->releases
> ...->system
>
> First what I did, is to create a new folder named 'projects' with a
> subfolder 'NiceTry'. This is my project directory.

Actually you don´t need to have an extra folder for your projects! Also
releases is not necessary, it is just an example like the welcome file.

> root
> ...->releases
> ...->system
> ...->projects
> .......->NiceTry
>
> Next I created the folders for the templates in the NiceTry
> folder.

NO! See link above!

> After  that I created the example template files in the corresponing
> folders and
> tried to creat a page that uses my template, but it wasn't
> listed in the
> pull down menu. Iv'e also tried to change the link in the
> mastertemplate
> from /content/... to /projects/NiceTry/content/... but it
> didn't work, too.
>
> So I deleted the content folder again and tried to create the
> folder in the
> root folder. BUT then it says this folder does already exists
> and I'm 100%
> sure there's no folder 'content' in my whole Viritual File System.
>
> I also tried to delete the project and to restart the
> database (MySQL) but
> it doesn't help.
>
> It's also a bit strange that the content folder isn't in the
> root folder
> after the installation. In the documentation are more folders
> then I have
> and it isn't mentioned that I first have to create them.

Yes, you´re not the first one being confused ;-) This is because of the new
feature "directory tranlsation" See
/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\config\opencms.properties

Hope that helps,

Kai