[opencms-dev] is 'workplace' a Unix-only thing?

gragc507 gragc507 at rogers.com
Fri May 2 17:26:01 CEST 2003

Hi, everyone:

I am new to opencms.

I downloaded version 5.0 latest binary release into Windows XP system and unpacked it and dropped the war into my tomcat  4.1.18 webapps (also under Windows XP) . it gets unpacked alright.

I have mysql version 4 installed and running also under Windows XP.

My problem is the OpenCms setup wizard starts alright, creates the databases alright, and gets to the 'import workplace' screen and then hangs.

Will it only work if I ran my tomcat under Unix?

If XP all the way is ok, is there some tweaking I have to do to get it to download the 'workplace'?

Appreciate any help comments or suggestions.

Thanks.

Gary.