[opencms-dev] new user authentication problem

ashik ashik at spectrum-bd.com
Sun May 4 10:40:02 CEST 2003

Dear All,

I am being able to access my OpenCms installation from remote client in
my Windows 2000 network using admin/admin account. But I have created
some more users (say ashik/ashik), but Tomcat challenges me whenever I
try to connect using http://kalgan:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login ,
showing that OpenCms realm in host kalgan needs username and password
(BASIC authentication dialog). I tried to provide all the name password
pair but without success. For example, admin/admin, ashik/ashik,
opencms/opencms, root/ , user/password etc. In some machines, only for
admin/admin in login page, Tomcat does not throw the Basic Dialog Box.

As an information, I am using JDK1.4.1_02, OpenCms 5.0_rc2, Tomcat
4.1.24, MySQL 3.23, All Windows 2000 Professional workstations, IE6 as
browser and done trusted site addition, ActiveX Control enabling.

Any help please.

Regards,
Muhammad Ashikuzzaman
Programmer, Spectrum Engineering Consortium Ltd.