[opencms-dev] Problems with 5.0 installation on Linux

Alex Epshteyn aepshteyn at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 09:21:00 CEST 2003

I am installing OpenCms 5.0 on Redhat Linux 8.0 running Tomcat 4.1 and
MySql. My browser is Mozilla 1.0.1 with popups and Javascript enabled.

While running setup and successfully creating database i get to the
screen displaying a message - importing workplace ... please wait,
(http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup/run_import.jsp) and setup simply
stops at this point - the message stays in the browser indefinitely,
there is no other activity and the only button enabled in the wizard is
"Cancel". opencms.log does not have any messages either, I tried to set
log level to print debug messages but that did not change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex