[opencms-dev] Re: MySQL Error: Cannot Create Tables

Sascha Zimmer Sascha.Zimmer at bbdo-interone.de
Thu May 8 18:01:01 CEST 2003

Hi Björn,

I had the same problem with an older version of MySQL.

After upgrading to the newest version (3.23.56 I think) the problems were
gone ...

greets
Sascha

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to install the new release 5.0 under Linux 8.1 unsing Tomcat
> 4.1.18 and MySQL. I started the installation and entered in the page
> (settings for the database) my password for the root user which is
stored in
> the database 'mysql' in table 'user'. Hope this is correct. When I
continue
> to the next step, it says that the tables couldn't be created and
displays a
> error message like this:
>

> java.SQL.SQLException: General Error: Column "RESOURCENAME"  is used
with
> UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defiened as NOT NULL
>
> java.SQL.SQLException: invalid argument value: Specified key was too
long.
> Max key length is 256
>
> java.SQL.SQLException: invalid argument value: Specified key was too
long.
> Max key length is 256
>

> But it creates the database successfully...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks Björn

Sascha Zimmer
Technical Development

BBDO InterOne GmbH
Thebaeerstrasse 17
D-50823 Koeln

phone: +49-221-5 49 60 133
fax:   +49-221-5 49 60 27
mailto:sascha.zimmer at bbdo-interone.de

NOTE: This communication is confidential and is intended for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is directed. It may contain
information
that is privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately. You should
not copy it or disclose its contents to any other person.