[opencms-dev] LEdit is driving me crazy

Tristan Roddis tristan at roddis.org
Wed May 14 11:13:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:43:30PM +1000, Giles Bill wrote:

> I am using OpenCms v 4.6.1 and LEDIT as the online contetnt editor. The
> image gallery functionalityu works fine - there's a few bugs but genrally
> everything is good.  I am trying to use the download list function to add
> downloadable content to a page - I have a file to add to the page to
> download but i don't seem to be able to get it on the page.  Has anyone else
> experienced this problem...

Yes. For images, it took me a while to work out that you have to drag the
image file from the gallery into the LEDIT window, but I can't see any way
to do anything similar with the download galleries! They don't appear to
be draggable, and clicking on the page icon or document name just gives
Javascript errors.

I presume that clicking on the document name is meant to insert the link
into the editor via the sendURLString function

(e.g. <a href="#"
onClick="sendURLString('EDITOR','URL','/opencms/opencms/download/ukskills_downloads/Digitaloverview.txt')"
class="dateineu">Digitaloverview.txt</a>)

However, all I get is a Javascript error:

Line: 805
Char: 3
Error: Unexpected call to method or property access

>... and if so is there a solution.

Not sure. I am also looking for the best way to link downloads to pages,
but I have the additional requirement that the HTML that lists them should
be generated by the system. Hopefully the other message I'm about to send
(subject: How to associate downloads with pages?) will generate some
useful discussion...

-T.

--
tristan at roddis.org                              http://www.roddis.org